Re: potato kbd (was: kernel-image 2.2.15)

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 14:37, Moore, Paul wrote:

> Unrelated question - how do you find what packages are on hold, and/or
> unhold them? I just did an apt-get dist-upgrade to potato (finally got a
> CD!!!) and found that the kbd package was held, for no reason that I could
> discern. I tried to find what I should have been looking at to notice this
> earlier, bit I couldn't see anything. I managed to force kbd to upgrade, but
> I'd rather know how to unhold it, so the dist-upgrade could work by
> itself...

If memory serves, 'apt-get install kbd' will take care of things after
the dist-upgrade. Seems like a package has to be removed as part of this
process and dist-upgrade doesn't know enough about the situation. Shrug?

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\