Re: Lilo and >1023 error

Matt wrote:

> I just recompiled to include sound modules, and when I run lilo to
> register the change, I end up with an error:
>
> 1432>1023 cylinders

 hi-

 This is pretty easy to do, but its best if you make provisions for it
before you install.  This 'trick' has been around for quite a while:

 Create a small ext2 (4 or 8 meg) partition that is fully contained
below the 1024 cyl boundary.  Mount this as /boot, and always copy
your vmlinu? and System.map files down there.  Set LILo to load these
files and you will never encounter the 1024 cyl ceiling again-

ron