Re: df reports wrong partition sizes?

Marc O. Sandlus (Marc.O.Sandlus@ruhr-uni-bochum.de) wrote:

> It appears from this list, that /usr/src was mounted *before* /usr
> I guess that this causes your problems, since the mount point /usr/src didn't
> exist (yet) at the time /dev/sda7 was mounted.

Quite possible! Here is my fstab:

#
# <pass>
/dev/sda8       /             ext2   defaults,errors=remount-ro 0      1
/dev/sda6       none          swap   sw                         0      0
proc            /proc         proc   defaults                   0      0
/dev/sda7 /usr/src ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/sdb5 /usr ext2 defaults 0 2
/dev/sda5 /bp vfat defaults 0 2

So sda7 *does* get mounted before sdb5. Should I change it or will I
screw up anything with such a screwy partitioning scheme?

TIA,

Ron
--
Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>