Re: kernel compiling problems

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 01:50:41AM +0200, Ron Rademaker wrote:
> Alright, I include the header in asm/hw_irq.h, asm/string.h and
> include/linux/string.h, the undefined variable error are gone ;-), but new
> ones has come ;-(
>
> This is the error message: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type, the
> errors occur at places (line numbers) that aren't the same as the old
> errors. Again, I've attachted the output.

Does it break things if you #include <linux/sched.h> in asm/current.h?
This is where task_struct is defined.  This is probably not the best way
of doing things, but it might work.  My guess is that you had a patch
that screwed things up a little bit.

If this doesn't do it for you, I would recommend downloading a whole new
kernel tree.  Unless, of course, someone else knows the correct way to
do this.

Incidentally, the line numbers are obviously different from last time
because you added a couple of lines to the files.  But I'm sure you
realized this right after you sent the email. :)

Cheers,
Chris

--
pick, pack, pock, puck: like drops of water in a fountain falling
softly in the brimming bowl.