Re: Does the VIA chipset work with Linux?

On Mon, 29 May 2000 20:26:41 -0400, "Paul McHale" <pmchale@doubleesolutions.com> wrote:
> I am interested in replacing my motherboard, but the current replacement
> available is based on the VIA chipset.  Does anyone have any experience with
> this chipset?

I've been running potato with a Tyan 1854 (which is based on the VIA Chipset) since March without any problems (kernel 2.2.14).  I thought I read that there were some problems with some of the 2.3.x development kernels and the VIA chipset in some rare instances, but I'm not really sure.

--
Marc
http://www.matwreck.org/marc