Re: can't get around diald problems...

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 03:14:40PM -0700, Kenward Vaughan wrote:

> May 29 15:03:16 kaynjay diald[915]: keepup parsing error. Got token
> 'tcp.ssl'. Not a known tcp service port.

> Would someone please clue me in to this?  I added a
> diald	120/tcp
> line to my services file due to the message about the missing service, but
> this doesn't help... :(

The problem is that SSL is not defined in /etc/services.  The "diald
120" wouldn't do anything (wrong syntax for /etc/services and in any
case port 120 has nothing to do with SSL).  In the default /etc/services
SSL tunnled HTTP is called "https" so you could use that in place of ssl
in your diald rule.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/