Re: Problems with TeTex

This should be a FAQ by now. Make sure your slink TeTeX packages are up
to date (check your local mirror). If you use older packages (off a CD
for example) you'll run into this problem. Something 'expired' after a
year. You can search this list for gory details, but the fix is: install
the latest available slink TeTeX packages.

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 23:13, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've installed TeTeX on my machine (from slink), but I can't get it
> running.
>
> I ran
>
> 	texhash
> 	texconfig all
>
> as root, but when I try to translate a file with "latex file" of "tex
> file" I get the following error message
>
> 	This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.2)
> 	I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!
>
> The FAQ says to do a "texconfig init", but that won't help either.  A
> "locate .fmt" shows nothing.
>
> Something, that might be related is that "kpsexpand -p fmt" shows a path
> with "!!" at the beginning of some entries, as in
>
> .:/home/viktor/texmf/web2c:!!/usr/lib/texmf/local/web2c:!!/usr/lib/texmf/web2c
>
> Any ideas?
>
> MfG Viktor
> --
> Viktor Rosenfeld
> E-Mail:		mailto:rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de
> HertzSCHLAG:	http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~rosenfel/hs/

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\