Re: GDM vs KDE

also the gnome enviornment is just that, an enviornment, it runs on top of
X, so your question should be how do you configure X to run gnome when it
starts.  someone responded to your mails saying to install
'task-gnome-session', i suggest you do that and it should install the
software you need, then use gdm/kdm to login.

or ask the list what to put in /etc/X11/window-managers or ~/.xinitrc
(read when you load X) to load gnome when you use 'startx'.

nate