Re: Best hardware?

> Well, like I said the vast majority of Win9X only hardware works very poorly
> even in Win9x
Not from my experiences. Printers generally work well. Monitors generally
work well. Mice/keyboards generally work well. Now I need to know how they
work on the Linux end. I love trackballs and Logitech's Trackman Marble FX
is just perfect for me, but unfortunately there isn't much support for it on Linux
besides left/right click and using one of the two extra buttons as a "third" button.
It wouldn't make sense for me to buy that trackball specifically for a Linux
desktop when I can't even have the benefits of its four buttons. That's why it'd
be nice to see a site with a general overview of this type of stuff so I know what
my options are in terms of multi-button trackballs with configurable extra buttons
along with the same type of thing for printers, scanners, etc.

> I've never been very impressed with those types of sites and certainly
> wouldn't take their recomendataions too seriously even if I were only
> interested in Windows.
I wouldn't use them as a definite source, but they're certainly a great starting
point. Another good thing is www.epinions.com . I wouldn't mind seeing a
central place where I could turn to to look up hardware on Linux. Right now
there's a scatter of sites and howtos and manuals.

> latest Abit motherboard (for example) than any reviewer Cnet has to offer.
I'm sure someone reviewing Linux hardware would be much less superficial
than people like CNet's reviewers who do Windows hardware.

--
Bart Szyszka  bart@gigabee.com  ICQ:4982727
GigaBee Interactive  http://www.gigabee.com