potato on 386

Hi there
I have installed debian-frozen-base-system on my 386 via floppy and my local
network.
Beside a problem to load any modules wich I was able to fix all went fine.
(I had to copy /etc/modules.conf to /target/etc/modules.conf cause it was
missing from the start !) A bug ?
It's the first time for me with debian and I'am quite impressed from what
I've seen !
Now I have to wait until I got the CD's end of june. ( I hope. )
In the meantime I want to to learn how things work in debian comparded to
RedHat, SuSe...
The hardware is working (scsi, eth, arc0&co, isdn&co, sbpcd, lp's...)
I also got mc running (copyed one by one from suse until the screen went blue)
Now I want to know how to get deb-files to the disk.
Still got an corel-image which I know its debian-based, mounted as an loop-device.
I can browse the CD but I don't know how to install the files.
I know it's maybe old stuff but to play around it is ok.
The man-program is missing so I can't look at the man-pages on the disk :(
The doc-files are all packed and not possible for me to view :(
Is there anything I can do in the meantime ?
Maybe first to get man running and/or copy some stuff from suse to be able
to view the packed docu ?
Or is it possible to get an easy acces to the corel-stuff ?
I got 2 disks about 2Gig each so plenty of space.
Well, it's not a real problem.
If it's better/easier to wait for the real stuff, no problem.
Thanks for any tips.

--
Thomas