Re: Realplayer, Lilo suddenly & mysteriously segfaulting (potato, kern 2.2.15) -- SOLVED RP problem

On Mon, 29 May 2000, James Sleeman wrote:

> Hi all,
>     if anyone is interested I found the source of my problem with
> realplayer (lilo is still segfaulting though), I had a fish around the
> dot files in my home directory and there were two files and a directory
> left behind by realplayer, I deleted these and realplayer sprang back to
> life.

I just installed RealPlayer 7.0b2 yesterday. It worked fine on it's own,
but the plugin caused Netscape to bus error on startup on my 2.2.14 potato
box. Are you running Netscaep OK with the rp plugin installed? What were
the dot files?

...RickM...