NFS submounts

   I'm having a problem with NFS.  My basic NFS is working; so I can mount
the shares remotely.  The problem is that I cannot "see" submounted
partitions from across the network.

   For example, on the server I have /home/ftp/pub as one partition.  Then I
have /home/ftp/pub/linux/debian as another drive/partition mounted on the
server.  I want to share out via NFS the /home/ftp/pub "tree", including the
debian subdirectory/partition.

   I can mount the /home/ftp/pub on the client just fine, and I can access
all the files normally.  But when I try to access anything in the debian
subdirectory I get a "fh_verify: linux/debian permission failure, acc=4,
error=1" error message on the server.

   I've set permissions properly on the server and I've tried playing with
various combinations of options from "man exports" but I can't seem to
convince this to work properly.

   The server is a potato box using the nfs-common and nfs-kernel-server
packages of version 0.1.6-3.  The client is a woody box using the same
packages at version 0.1.7.1-1.

   Anyone have any clues as to what I've botched up?  Whacks with a clue-bat
would be definitely appreciated, TIA.

--
 Regards,  | <redwards@golgotha.net>   | Upgrade your old legacy NT
 .         | <http://www.golgotha.net> | machines to GNU/Linux!