Re: /dev/mouse problem

At 05:25 27.5.2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Try:
>rm -rf /dev/mouse
>ln -d /dev/mouse /dev/psaux

I'm no expert but I was just a little curious about the commands
that you recommended.

1. The r switch is needed with the rm command when you wish to remove
a directory and all it's contents. Jay only needs to remove one file.
Indeed if he was to make a little mistake here and type

rm -rf / dev/mouse
        ^..note the space

he would delete the contents of his / directory. Though that of course
would be his mistake and not yours.

2. I not sure whether a hard link is more appropriate than a symlink
but I wonder what the use of the d switch is. This is, from what I read,
necessary if you (actually just root/super-user) wishes to create a hard
link to a directory.

I hope you don't take any offence from this email. As I say, I far from
an expert, and just wrote out of curiousity.