Re: [OT] GTK-- 1.0

Cameron Matheson <mkarl1@uswest.net> writes:

> Hey,
>
> I just downloaded GTK-- off of Vincent's bazaar
> (www.debian.org/~vincent).  Anyways, the GTK-- HOWTO on the official
> GTK-- site is for version 1.2, and if I try their stuff, my programs
> won't compile.  I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some
> older versions of the HOWTO.

You might get away with changing Gtk::Window to Gtk_Window and so on.
As an alternative, you can use the gtk+ (C) tutorial and attempt
to translate somewhat literally to C++ (maybe with the help of the
new tutorial).

Consider getting 1.2.1. It should be just
tar -xzf gtkmm-1.2.1.tar.gz
cd gtkmm-1.2.1
./configure && make
su