Anyone having trouble upgrading Helix-Gnome?

For most of yesterday and today I have been trying to upgrade to the
latest version of Helix-Gnome (based on Gnome 1.2). Following
instruction exactly (the usual apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade with
/etc/apt/sources.list pointing to Woody and spidermonkey.helix.com) the
connection keeps timing out. I eventually downloaded
gtk-themes_0.1-helix5_i386.deb after many stop starts, (it is over 16MB)
only to find the message from apt-get "MD5Sum mismatch" and "E: Some
files failed to download". Starting apt-get dist-upgrade again, the
whole damned file starts downloading again. On a dial-up link this is
beyond a joke!!!!

Am I doing something wrong?

--
Phillip Deackes