Re: FTP and GNOME

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 11:26:45AM -0500, Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm not sure if it's an off-topic, but I want to create an icon to an
> FTP address in the GNOME desktop, but I can't. If I create a URL
> pointing to an FTP site, I get a Netscape window, and actually I expect
> to get a GMC window.
>
> I know that GMC has FTP support, and it's possible to create an FTP
> access in KDE (and in OS/2).

I also cannot get a URL to open with anything but Netscape.  I edited
the properties of the link to no avail.  Perhaps it's a bug?  I can
edit the caption, so I thought I'd find were gnome stores this info
and directly edit that file, but I could not find it.  It stores
nothing but the URL in the actual file which is:
~/.gnome-desktop/name-of-dsktop-shortcut

--
Pat Mahoney  <pat7@gmx.net>

Hobbes:  Do you have an idea for your story yet?
Calvin:  No, I'm waiting for inspiration.  You can't just turn on
         creativity like a faucet.  You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes:  What mood is that?
Calvin:  Last-minute panic.
                -- From "Calvin and Hobbes" by Bill Watterson