R: R: tulip.o kernel module

i don't think you can build module(s) without building the kernel that will
use it/them.
i've always made my kernel a-la debian (with kernel-package) and never had
problems with modules.
the reason is (my opinion, please correct if i'm wrong) that kernel need to
know which modules it has to be prepared to support.

Marco Frattola (S3 - Sviluppo Software e Sistemi) -
Cubecom S.p.A.
Via de Marini,1 3 piano Torre WTC
16149 GENOVA
tel. 010 6591184