Re: swissgerman keybord

Hi Lukas

>How can I install my swissgerman keybord for the
>console in Debian slink and potato? Most keys work
>without problem, but the specific german keys "o,
>"a and "u don't work. When I use "shfont" to
>printout the whole fontlist this character where
>printed out whithout problems.

I had the wrong keyboard setting on my debian box, too (US of course).
That was after initially installing it. I used "kbdconfig" to change to
the keymap I needed to.

>I tried to change the kernel .map file and the
>consolefont.

At first - before knowing about "kbdconfig" - I symlinked default.map.gz
to the swissgerman pendant. That did the trick, too, although it ain't
quite so elegant. :-)

>What is the thing that I have to do?

HTH
Sven