Re: Procmail is deleting mail.

Quoting Ron Rademaker (ron@wep.tudelft.nl):
> I'm using the following .procmailrc  (in root homedir), when I fetch my
                   I take it you mean ~    ^^^^
> mail, sendmail tells me it's forwarded to "|exec /usr/bin/procmail", and
> then all mail is gone ;-(

Have you checked /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME?
Does the directory exist? With the right permissions?

> ----------------.procmailrc-------------------------
>
> PATH=/usr/bin:/bin
> MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
> DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/root
> LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
>
> :0:
> * ^To: bla@
> -d bla

What are the -d bits for? Do you really want these names?

What does your .forward file look like. I use

"|IFS=' ' && p=/usr/local/bin/procmail && test -f $p && ex
ec $p -Yf- || exit 75 #username"

(one line; exec is one word; the " quotes are present, the username
is yours (presumably not root!); the local is unnecessary in Debian.)

Cheers,