Re: WMMail.App + Mutt annoyances

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 07:05:47PM -0400, Chris Gray wrote:
> On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 04:13:23PM -0400, t.bedlam wrote:
> > On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 12:23:16PM -0600, Alberto Brealey was only
> >    escaped alone to tell thee:
> >
> > > thing is wmmail apparently changes something in the various mailboxes it
> > > checks, tricking mutt into thinking they don't have any new mail, even
> > > when they do. i want to know if someone has a solution for this problem,
> >
> > mutt uses the file timestamps to test for newness; biff-like new mail
> > checkers that do not reset time stamps confuse mutt (see manual.txt).
> > Perhaps wmmail has an option you could set?
>
> I hacked on wmmail for a while to see if I could fix this.  No luck.  It
> does set the timestamp back, but that doesn't seem to help mutt.  Maybe
> mutt checks something else, but I didn't have the patience to find out
> what from its source.

its some sort of race condition, every so often if i go to switch
mailboxes mutt notices new mail in $MAIL before wmmail does.  its very
rare though...

i have another related problem with mutt and the mailboxes feature.  i
have /home NFS mounted (knfs kernel 2.2.15) but mutt seems to get
confused:

c to change mailboxes to say =in-debian-user
read and delete everything
c to change to next mailbox say =in-debian-powerpc
read and delete everything
c to change mailboxes, mutt says new mail in =in-debian-user so
changes there, but the mailbox is empty, no new mail was delivered
here in reality.  the next c to change mailboxes causes mutt to go
back to =in-debian-powerpc which also has no new mail.  mutt will
continue this loop forever.

i have verified that lockd is up and working, i can establish file
locks with a test program i found on the debian BTS.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/