Re: Problems with ncurses programms

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 11:49:16AM -0500, Pat Mahoney wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 03:29:08AM +0200, Francois Fayard wrote:
> > Hello, I have some problems with programms that uses ncurses (I
> > think this is the source of the problem). I use rxvt (But there is
> > the same problem under xterm), and when i run dselect or when i use
> > vim inside mutt, that background of my term becomes black wheras I
> > use lightyellow as background color.
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >

> I'm not an expert, but I think some programs just specify their own colors
> and there's not much you can do about it.
>
> Try running lynx and then lynx -nocolor in an rxvt.
>
> BTW, lynx -nocolor looks cool in an Eterm with a nice background or
> transparency.

Well, I know the colors of mutt and lynx are both configurable. For
mutt, you put them in ~/.mutt/muttrc, for lynx ~/.lynx.cfg.  You'll have
to consult the docs for the specifics. I don't know if you can do much
about dselect colors.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.