keysmoops

I've been a happy user of `frozen' for some months now (very smooth
upgrade---thanks to all the developers). But I'm trying to bring my
log files under some kind of control.

When I upgraded from slink to frozen, though, I acquired a whole new
directory full---/var/log/keysmoops. And it's growing frighteningly
fast (doesn't seem to be under the control of the log rotation
system).

I can't understand the information that's in these files and I haven't
been able to find any documentation that would tell me what this log
is for. I read debian-user regularly and I've searched the archives,
and I'm still none the wiser.

Could someone tell me and people like me what this log is and give
some sense of how important and/or useful it is?

Thank you very much,

Jim