RE: Using apt offline

From: Christian Surchi
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 01:57:31PM +0100, Moore, Paul wrote:
>
> > 1. apt-get dist-upgrade --download-only on one machine
> > 2. Transfer the downloaded files to all machines
> > 3. apt-get dist-upgrade --no-download on all the machines.
>
> try apt-zip!

That seems to work based on dselect. I want to do an apt-get dist-upgrade,
which AFAIK dselect can't do...

Actually, another issue is that I won't have access to the ftp/http sources
on the non-networked machines - how will apt on those machines "know" what
it should do - do I need to copy some other parts of the /var/.../apt stuff?

Paul.