howto

I have installed to ethernet adapter cards but only one is being detected.  I was able to gather some information on what should be done when you install two or more ethernet cardsin the same machine from the fllowing site http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Net-HOWTO-6.html  Which indicates that if you using two ne2000, one at 0x240, and one at 0x260. You should add the following lines to the /etc/conf.modules file:

                     Alias etho ne
                     Alias eth1 ne
                     Options ne io=0x240, 0x260

This does not seem to work, also when you go to the file in mention there is a message saying that this file should not directly be altered, it then refers you to another file namely modutils and ask you to read the manpage for update-modules. after many attemps
at solving the problem I think I have reached a dead end this is the reason for this mail. What should I do, keeping in mind that the cards are connected to ISA slots