Re[2]: Text editor with good Perl syntax highlighting (was Re: Re[2]: Simple Text Editor with Synatx highlighting?)

Tuesday, May 23, 2000, 10:46:21 AM, John wrote:
> Have you perhaps never used emacs?

    I have.

> Saying emacs isn't a text editor is like saying that a Leatherman isn't a
> pocket knife -- it may be literally true, but is extremely misleading in
> fact.

    Hey, don't tell me.  Tell all the Emacs people who keep telling me it
isn't a text editor.  I've been told it is:

A lisp interpreter
A workspace environment
A religion

    Not once have they told me it was a text editor.  Got a beef, convert
them.