Re: finger

I've replaced finger altogether for off-site finger requests with a nice
little perl script guaranteed to confuse and amuse.  Try fingering
fmouse@fmp.com.  Try it several times :)

I'll be glad to share the script with anyone who wants it.

Thus spake Will Lowe on Mon, May 22, 2000 at 01:51:41PM CDT
> > I may have misspoken on this.  I believe that there are exploits involving
> > finger and executable code, but I'm not sure of the details since it's been
> > a while.  I gave the issue some thought last night after I posted this and
>
> There have also been buffer overflows in _every_ version of finger since
> time began.  They keep saying they're fixed, and then somebody finds
> another. Running such things as root is _BAD_.  :)
>
>                      					Will

> |   harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org lowe@asel.udel.edu  |
> |			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
> |    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |

Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at
fmouse@fmp.com        |    (The Roadie)      | <http://www.fmp.com/pubkeys>
http://www.fmp.com    |                      |