Re: My HD's never spin down...

the disk will only spin down if nothing is reading/writing to it, run
procinfo to check read/writes, and see if it is increasing when the drive
spins up, chances are there are programs that need the disk so the disk
spins back up.  i always keep my drives spun up 100% of the time, back in
'95 i lost 4 drives in 6 months due to advanced power management(all brand
new drives) ever since i rather keep em all up (and my comp's fans are 3x
louder then the drives anyways :) )

nate