console /dev/tty[1-6] screen savers?

NOTE: i'm not running xwindows.

Adam Shand wrote:
> trillich wrote:
> > on my setup i think the poweroff feature is in bios... unless the
> > CONSOLE mode (NO XWINDOWS) has a screensaver option?
>
> yes it does.  check out the xset man page.

at the bottom of every page of 'man xset' it says
"X Version 11          Release 6.3               <page #>"

NOTE: for my setup, xwindows is not running.

# xset s blank
xset:  unable to open display ""

NOTE: anything that depends on xwindows is moot because
xwindows is not running.

does the LINUX console mode (notice that xwindows is not running)
have a screensaver mode for /dev/tty[1-6]? what's it called, how
do i get to it?

["apropos screensaver" shows lots of cools stuff about xwindows
specific screensavers. what are the CONSOLE (xwindows is not
running) options for screensavers?]

Their is five errers in this sentance.