Re: Kernel Compile error: What am I missing?

Oops...I've got either a 2.2.10, 2.2.12, and 2.2.14. Tried em all.

I've got the binutils and gcc versions required in Documentation/Changes
( I even checked using the commands listed in that file)

If the file builds just fine on your computer...has the file changed
between kernel versions? Has it changed at all in years? Would something
else have changed? Naturally, I must be missing something. I just wish I
knew what. ugh.

Is there a script that can tell what's there and what isn't and report
back if anything is missing?

Thanks!

Russell

Russell wrote:
>Here's the message I get:
>
>Assembler Messages:
>Bindec.S :487
>/usr/src/linux/arch/m68k/fpsp040
>[Bindec.o] error 1
>value of -512 too large for field of 1 bytes at 511
>
>I asked the people on the m68k list, and they didn't know. I am sure I'm
>missing some vital library or other piece of code in the compile
process, I
>just can't figure out what it could be.
>
>Can anyone help?

Sorry, that file builds just fine on my Amiga, kernel 2.0.36. What kernel
version are you building, with what gcc and binutils versions?

Frank