Re: Hard Drive Upgrade

    Daniel> I just recently upgraded the hard drive on my Debian machine (an intel box
    Daniel> running potato), and while everything copied successfully, I could not get
    Daniel> the new hard disk to boot.  I then changed my lilo.conf to point to
    Daniel> "/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14" instead of the symlink at "/vmlinuz", and
    Daniel> everythinig worked fine.  Does anyone know what's going on here?  How
    Daniel> come lilo doesn't recognize the symlink like it did before?  If you
    Daniel> any more information, just let me know.  Thanks.

 Had you run `lilo' on the new drive before you tried to reboot?  If
 not, then what it was is that the kernel isn't at the same block
 address as it was on the other disk...

--
Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it - Poorly.
A few months in the laboratory often saves several hours at the library.

mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)