From: Peter S Galbraith [mailto:GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 3:51 PM
To: Ron Farrer
Subject: Re: UPS wars: APC vs Tripplite?

> Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. Basically what everyone
> seems to be saying is: APC's newer products aren't so good, Tripplite is
> ok, and Best Power has the best Linux support.
>
> Visiting each of these companies sites, I like:
>
> Tripplite OMNISMART 700 PNP UPS 120V.
> APC Backups Pro 650 UPS 120V.
> Best Power Patriot Pro II 750/470 120V.

As I email in personal email this morning, there's also
CyberPower:

 See http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/
 and http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/admin/powstatd.html
 (I have a slink build of it too)

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada