Hard Drive Upgrade

Hello,

I just recently upgraded the hard drive on my Debian machine (an intel box
running potato), and while everything copied successfully, I could not get
the new hard disk to boot.  I then changed my lilo.conf to point to
"/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.14" instead of the symlink at "/vmlinuz", and
everythinig worked fine.  Does anyone know what's going on here?  How
come lilo doesn't recognize the symlink like it did before?  If you
any more information, just let me know.  Thanks.

-- Daniel Kruszyna