Re: changing default shells

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Nick wrote:

> i installed Tsch how do i get back to BASH

Use chsh. I include the first few lines of the man page.

--David

CHSH(1)                                                   CHSH(1)

NAME
       chsh - change login shell

SYNOPSIS
       chsh [-s login_shell] [user]

DESCRIPTION
       chsh  changes  the  user login shell.  This determines the
       name of the user's initial login command.  A  normal  user
       may only change the login shell for their own account, the
       super user may change the login shell for any account.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I hope this is all of the above.)