Re: Why is the Debian home page so boring?

I'm not saying that the home page couldn't be improved, but remember
that Debian is not a commercial distribution, so there is no reason to
give the appearance of trying to sell you something.

When I was a Linux newcomer a couple of years ago, it was actually the
simplicity and lack of clutter on the home page that appealed to me and
helped me get going with Debian. I wanted to know basically what Debian
was and how do I go about getting it and installing it. The answers I
needed were right there in very simple terms.

If any of Debian's advanced features had been described there, I
wouldn't have understood or appreciated them anyway at that point.

Tom