Re: Program for both win98/dos and Linux

David Henningsson wrote:

> Since I'm going to use both win98 and Linux for a while, it would be nice
> to have programs working in both OS's, that is, they share the same data,
> on perhaps a FAT16 partition.
>
> I have a program for fidonet - mypoint works under Linux' DOS-emulator.
> Word 97 and Staroffice/Linux seems to work well, the little I've tested so
> far.
>
> I don't have two mail programs who work well, any ideas? This is what I
> miss the most right now.

Hmmm.  First thing that comes to mind is Netscape Messenger, maybe.  I
know Navigator uses a common bookmark format, so, maybe E-mails too?
You could try it, if you like Messenger.

Come to think of it, the bookmark thing was impractical, because I could
symlink the Linux bookmark file over to Windows', but Navigator would
write any changes to a new file on the Linux partitition.  You may run
into the same difficulty with E-mail, even if the formats are
compatible.