Re: transfer files

Hello Chris,

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Chris Mason wrote:

> I'm used to transferring whole directory trees with ws-ftp under windows.
> When using Linux fom the shell, what's the easiest way to do the same thing?

You might have a look at wget. It can do all the transfer in the
background (so suited for stuff like mirroring) and is very powerful. It
is issued from the command line, but it is (IMHO) very well documented
(info-files), so it shouldn't be too difficult to use.
John Pearson already mentioned lftp in this thread. I also like it very
much, although I don't use it much for recursive retrieval of directory
trees.

Regards,
Daniel