Re: GDM and 16bpp in X

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 05:26:21PM -0500, Kelly Corbin wrote:
> I can get 16 bit color working with xdm as listed in the HowTo, but
> after switching to GDM, I can't figure out how to do it.  I wan't it to
> be a centralized fix, not user specific.  If anyone has an idea, please
> let me know. Thanks

Not sure where the problem is, that's neither xdm or gdm specific. It's
configured in /etc/X11/XF86Config in

Section Screen
	Driver "foo"
	Device "bar"
	Monitor "yes"
	DefaultColorDepth 16
	.
	.
	.
End Section

Note: You may have more than one screen section (driver svga, vga, accel).

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.