Re: KDE2 in tree or not?

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 02:53:39PM -0400, Bart Szyszka wrote:

> I'm very confused about KDE2's stance within the Debian tree? One set
> of people say that it'll definitely be included in there (if so, when?), while
> another set insist that it won't because of the licensing issues. Can anyone
> provide a definite answer (with proof? A link to a web site with info on that?)?

Simple, neither KDE 1.2. nor 2.0 are integrated in
Debian 2.2 aka potato. The distribution is in a frozen
state for some time. Nothing thats not there now won't
be added in the future. Only bugs will be handled.
If you are interested in the license issue, you may
find something in the archieve of debian-devel.

Apart from that, you can add software packages from
outside the 'official' distribution on ftp.debian.org
and mirrors to your tree.
You add the resource to /etc/apt/sources.list and apt
will do the rest

For KDE on Debian look at:

http://kde.tdyc.com/Debian/

--