Re: Viewport size in X

Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@theiqgroup.com> writes:
> After much searching, I can't find anywhere how to set the viewport in X
> to the current screen resolution.  Either it is set manually, or it is
> the highest resolution possible.  I have consulted my "gurus" to no
> avail.  Also it is annoying to some people I am attempting to convert to
> linux as well.  Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by "viewport" but if you mean you've got a
screen that's bigger than your resolution and it scrolls when you move
the mouse to the edge of the screen then you've got it set to use
a virtual screen resolution. This is a setting in
/etc/X11/XF86Config. Look in the XF86Config man page for the "Virtual"
option in the "Display" subsection. I imagine you just have to comment
out the "Virtual" lines in your /etc/X11/XF86Config and restart X.

Gary