Re: My Debian box is unstable- Why?

First of all I would like to say your kernel is qoute ols, my
suggestion: compile a new one!
Second (more towards your problem) is why you can't open more than 1
x11amp application, my guess is that when you open one, it takes your
soundcard (simply because it needs it to function...), when you open a
seconds (by the way: Why do you want to???!), it finds out the resource is
already taken (thank you x11amp programmers for saying it and not for
waiting or it, this in regard to deadlocks), because it's taken it says
you can'tuse it (nothing special to me).
I guess that's your problem, a bit more to the point: Your soundcard can't
be shared OR linux can't share your soundcard.

Ron Rademaker