XF86, maxima, gnome binaries

Hello to everybody, I have some small question.....
First
1) I have a Trident card with a mono monitor. If I run XF86_VGA16 I
can use 640x480 but with the XF86_SVGA I can run only 640x400, 640x480
gives an image out of the monitor area, no xvidtune worked to solve the
problem. Can someone help me ? My monitor can do 31.46 kHz with 50-70 Hz
vertical frequency.
2) Has someone got maxima (gnu maxima) compiled ? I could not have it
compiled with gcl source package ? Phreaphs someone has a slink binary
out there ?
3) Is there a place where I can get gnome application in binary form for slink
(guppi, numexp and so on)?
I did not tell but I am working with slink and a 2.2.14 kernel.
I would like to finish saying that I use Linux from version 0.97 (SLS release,
MCC and so on....) I have tried most of the release (RH, suse, Mandrake,
slackware...) but the best is debian (no holy war please I only find great
the update mechanism). The only missing thing is a centralized administration
tool. Great work !!! Keep it like that!!
		Alberto Meroni