Re: remapping M$ windows key to act as meta under console emacs (like X)

    Britton> I notice that under X, emacs now uses the little window key as a meta,
    Britton> while doing something totally other with Alt.  This is fine, but I like to
    Britton> use emacs from the console, and there Alt is still needed.  I don't think
    Britton> it's a good idea to have emacs requiring different keystrokes depending on
    Britton> where is is run.  Anyone know the best way to make things
    Britton> consistent?  Should this perhaps be changed in the package?

 You have to change key keymaps with the `loadkeys' for the console or
 with `xmodmap' for X.  I've created a console keymap for use with
 XEmacs that you might like to try.  Look in:

	   <URL:http://master.debian.org/~karlheg/XE-Lisp>

 ... for xhypermap.m4 and ext-fkeymap.el.

 If you don't like how I've got the change vt keys mapped, then you
 can modify the .m4 file to suit yourself.  I based it on the
 hypermap.m4 that's part of `console-tools'.

--
Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it - Poorly.
A few months in the laboratory often saves several hours at the library.

mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)