Where is gcc in unstable?

Title: Where is gcc in unstable?

This will probably qualify me as a newbie, but
here it goes anyway...

I have been keeping my system updated to unstable,
and for a few weeks dselect is showing several
suspicious obsolete packages:

Section  Package        Version
=======  =============  ========
devel    g++            2.95.2-9
devel    gcc            2.95.2-9
base     libstdc++2.1   2.95.2-9
base     libreadlineg   2.1-12

I had noticed libreadlineg there for even longer,
and was never able to delete it (because it marked
for deletion lots of packages that I wanted), but
it didn't really bother me that much.

Now, gcc and g++, that's another story. How can they
be marked as obsolete? What's more intriguing, I have
been navigating around www.debian.org, and was able
to find gcc (egcc) for the stable distribution, but
there was no such package for unstable! What gives?
I find it hard to believe gcc is disappearing from
unstable? Any hints?

Please replay by e-mail as well as to the list. Thanks,

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@sonda.com