novell print client problem (nprint)

I am trying to print from my newly installed potato
to an HP4000N over a Novell network.  I have installed
the ncpfs package and can mount a Novell drive
(directory).  The pqlist command works (i.e., it
lists the print que I wish to print to).  As root, if
I issue the command:

nprint -S OACS_MAIN_APPS -U <my user info> -P <my password>
-q HP_LF_2220Q_HP4000N testpage.ps

(all on one line, of course)

I get the following error:

create error

I'm using the same user info and password that
successfully works with the pqlist and ncpmount
commands. No other error info is provided.  I know
this printer can handle postscript.  I get the same
error if I issue the command as a user, rather than
as root.  Ideas?  What am I doing wrong?

I have also tried using the printtool package, setting
it up as both a postscript printer and an HP4 series.
I do not get errors (that I can find).  I also do not get
output.

Thanks!
Dave

David B. Wilson
Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice
University of Maryland College Park
Room 2220 LeFrak Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-8235