Re: Installing Netscape

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 04:35:15PM -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:
> Ok.. Im trying to install Netscape and when I type apt-get install
> communicator, I receive erro Couldn,t find package communicator. Any know
> what I need to do to install Netscape.

What version of Debian are you using?  I'm guessing probably slink.
The meta-package communicator apparently came into being in potato.
So for slink, I'd guess you need to do something like:

apt-get install communicator-smotif-45 netscape-java-45

and apt should figure out what the rest of the needed files
are for you.  Note: the netscape-java-45 package is only if you want
the java runtime stuff, which you most likely do.

> I also tried apt-get netscape4 and I
> receive a another error, The Netscape archive must be in /tmp, owned by root
> and under a name matching one of the following:
> Communicator*-v4-.X86-*-linux*glibc*.tar*
> navigator*-v4*.x86_*_linux*glibc*.tar*

The package netscape4 is only an installer for the tarball that can
be downloaded from Netscape's site.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.