Re: S3, S3V, or XF86_SVGA server

> On that basis, it seems the XF86_SVGA server is the right one for the
> Savage chips, and it looks as though the XF86_S3V server is obsolete.

Hmmmm, guess you're right on that. I was running a Savage4-based card in
my system some weeks ago, and it only worked well with the SVGA server. We
also tried that on a laptop system with Savage4 onboard and had severe
problems there both running XF 3.3.6 or one of the S4-modified servers (as
XF86_S3SAV by Creative which happens to be a patched XF3.3.3-SVGA-server)
and, finally, got the machine working fine there with framebuffer support
and the Framebuffer-X-Server... :))

Regards,
Kris