Re: What is the diff. b/w libstdc++ and libg++ ?

I was under the impression that libg++ was an old class library that the
FSF used to distribute with the g++ compiler.  When the C++ Standard
started to near finalization the FSF produced (and/or ported) their own
version of the Standard Library that became libstdc++.  libstdc++
contains the standard C++ IOStreams library and the Standard Template
Library (STL).  The classes in libg++ are not standard, but were
definitely helpful before the Standard Library showed up.  You can still
use it, but it is no longer actively maintained.

Debian includes everything you need to program in C++ in the g++ and
libstdc++ packages.

matthew whitworth
matthew@okcomputer.org