Re: Linux Version

Jay Kelly <neutec@pacbell.net> wrote:
>AS a new user to Linux, what flavor of linux should I use for a server with
>Windows clients? And where can I download a cdimage of it. I tried
>cdimage.debian.org but that was a bad link. Can someone give me the exact
>link to the cdimage file download?

What was a bad link? http://cdimage.debian.org/ seems fine from here.
However, http://cdimage.debian.org/ftp-mirrors.html has a list of
mirrors of the CD images. I'm sure one of them will work for you!

Asking here, the majority of people will obviously tell you to use
Debian :) If you really want an objective answer it might be worth
trying a more neutral forum like one of the comp.os.linux.* newsgroups.
However, Debian - whether the current stable version (2.1 or "slink") or
the soon-to-be-stable version (future 2.2 or "potato") has a wide
selection of server programs that Windows clients can use, such as samba
for file sharing and the usual round of servers for more standard
services like WWW, FTP, mail, news, and so on.