Re: quake-3dfx and mouse

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 12:16:29PM -0400, Dan Brosemer wrote:
> Strange, but when I kill gpm it works.  Strange that X should work with gpm
> with no repeater and quake can't.
>
> Solutions for this?

Quake and Quake2 are both svgalib games. Quake3 has no such problem.
I really forget the reason behind it. Zoid had explained the problem
a while back. The short answer is there isnt really a fix for it
beyond writing a wrapper to kill gpm, start quake, then restart
gpm. If I recall, the software renderer has no such problem. Its
specific to 3dfx mode.

--
Mental

"When in doubt, use brute force."