RE: NIC Cards...is there any difference between them?

On 12-May-2000 Ron Stordahl wrote:
> 10Base-T RJ45 PCI Network Cards some in an incredible range of prices from
> 10 bucks up.  Is it possible that the only significant difference is the
> brand name?

some cards only send even numbered packets (yes I am serious).  Some cards are
so cheap we do not know what chips are on them or how to control them.

Read the list of supported hardware, buy something that sounds like that.  Most
of us avoid the 10 dollar cards.